How many seats majority did Thatcher have in the elections?
1) Who were notable wets and dries in her first cabinet?
2) Who replaces Howe as Chancellor in 1983?
1) What reduced power of local governments, established under Heath, and when
1) When was secondary picketing made illegal?
2) How many pits were closed in 1984, following advice from the NCB in 1981?
3) How many were injured in the Battle of Orgreave, and in what year?
THE DOWNFALL OF THATCHER
1) What was the official name of the Poll Tax, and when was it introduced?
2) How much higher was inflation in 1990 than in 1980?
3) How many people attended a poll tax march in London?
4) What were the results of the first round of the leadership contest?
1) How much did Howe lower interest rates by in 1979?
2) What was the economic situation in 1980
3) What was the tax on NSO in 1983?
4) Result of the 1983 budget?
RIGHT TO BUY
1) What is the official name of the Right to Buy Scheme and when was it introduced?
2) What discounts did it offer?
3) How many people used the scheme?
1) What year were the following privatised:
a) British Telecom
b) British Gas
c) British Steel
2) What happened to income tax in 1987 and 1988
THE FALKLANDS WAR
1) How many ships were sent?
2) Who resigns as foreign secretary and who takes their job?
3) How many Argentinians were killed on the Belgrano?
1) What happened in 1981
2) When was the Brighton Bombing and how many people died
3) When was the Anglo-Irish Agreement signed?
4) What was Thatcher criticised of in 1988?
LABOUR AND LIBERALS (1979-1983)
1) When did Callaghan resign and who took won the battle for the 'soul' of the party?
2) Who was the leader of the liberals?
3) Who were the leaders of the Liberal-SDP alliance in the 1983 election?
THE RISE OF THE SDP (1979-1983)
1) When was the SDP founded and by who?
2) How did they leave Labour?
3) How many points behind Labour was the Liberal-SDP Alliance in the '83 election?
OPPOSITION PARTIES (1983-1990)
1) Who succeeded Foot in 1983?
2) What positions did Blair hold?
3) How many more seats did Labour win in 1987 than in 1983?