1. Which of the following files must be present on the Oracle server to start a nondefault
2. Which of the following is the correct way to start a listener called LISTENER ?
A. lsnrctl startup listener
B. lsnrctl start
C. netca start
D. netmgr start listener
3. When dynamic service registration is used, you will not see the service listed in which
of the following files where it would normally be located?
D. None of the above
4. Connection Manager provides which of the following?
B. Cross-protocol connectivity
C. Network access control
D. All of the above
5. Which is a requirement for using host naming?
A. You must use tnsnames.ora on the client.
B. You must be using TCP/IP.
C. You must have an OID present.
D. You must have a sqlnet.ora file present on the client.
E. None of the above.
6. Which statements regarding Database Resident Connection Pooling (DRCP) are true?
A. When a DRCP pooled server connection is made by an application, it is equivalent
to a dedicated server connection.
B. When a database has DRCP enabled, all connections default to a pooled connec-
tion unless DEDICATED server is explicitly specified in the connect string.
C. When an application using the DRCP connection disconnects, the server connec-
tion (process) is handed off to the broker.
D. When using the Oracle Net Easy Connect method, it is not possible to utilize DRCP.
7. A client receives the following error message:
"ORA-12154 TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified"
Which of the following could be possible causes of the error? Choose all that apply.
A. The listener is not running on the Oracle server.
B. The user entered an invalid net service name.
C. The user supplied the correct net service name, but the net service name is mis-
spelled in the tnsnames.ora file on the client file.
D. The listener is not configured to listen for this service.
8. What portion of the tnsnames.ora file specifies the name or IP address of the server
where the listener process is listening?
9. A client wants to connect to the database service dbprod.com located on the dbprod.com
server through a nondefault port (1522) using Oracle Easy Connect. Which of the fol-
lowing connect strings are the choices for the client to use? (Choose two.)
A. CONNECT email@example.com:1522
B. CONNECT scott/tiger@1522:dbprod.com/dbprod.com
C. CONNECT scott/tiger@//dbprod.com/1522:dbprod.com
D. CONNECT firstname.lastname@example.org:1522/dbprod.com
10. All of the following are reasons to configure the server using Shared Server except
A. Overall memory utilization is reduced.
B. The system is predominantly used for decision support with large result sets
C. The system is predominantly used for small transactions with many users.
D. The number of idle connections on the server is reduced.
11. Which of the following is true about Shared Server?
A. Dedicated connections cannot be made when Shared Server is configured.
B. It is recommended that DSS type batch jobs be performed when connected via
C. The database can be started when connected via Shared Server.
D. The database cannot be stopped when connected via Shared Server.
12. The administrator wants to allow a user to connect via a dedicated connection
into a database configured in Shared Server mode. Which of the following options
E. None of the above
13. In which of the following files would you find the Shared Server configuration
14. What is the first step that the dispatcher performs after it receives a request from the user?
A. Pass the request to a shared server.
B. Place the request in a request queue in the PGA.
C. Place the request in a request queue in the SGA.
D. Process the request.
15. When configured in Shared Server mode, which of the following is contained in the PGA?
A. Cursor state
B. Sort information
C. User session data
D. Stack space
16. Which of the following is false about request queues?
A. They reside in the SGA.
B. They are shared by all the dispatchers.
C. Each dispatcher has its own request queue.
D. The shared server processes remove requests from the request queue.
17. What is the process that notifies the listener after a database connection is established?
18. Which network architecture connection uses session memory from the SGA?
A. Dedicated Server
B. Shared Server
C. Database Resident Connection Pooling
19. Communication between two Oracle databases is configured using:
A. Database Resident Connection Pooling
B. Database link
C. Connection Manager
D. Oracle Net Manager
20. DBA user MIKE ran the SQL statement CREATE DATABASE LINK SCOTT.SALES_LINK
.BJS.COM CONNECT TO SALES_INT IDENTIFIED BY SALESPWD1 USING 'ocasvr:1522/
ocadb' . Choose the option that is true.
A. Use of 'ocasvr:1522/ocadb' is invalid in database link definition.
B. A private database link is created under user MIKE.
C. A private database link is created under user SCOTT.
D. If the SALES_INT user does not exist or its password is not SALESPWD1 , the database
link will not be created.