1. Which of the following components of the Oracle architecture stores the statistics
gathered by the MMON process?
2. Which of the following options for the pfile/spfile’s STATISTICS_LEVEL parameter turns
off AWR statistics gathering and ADDM advisory services?
3. Which parameter is used to enable Automatic Memory Management?
4. Which two parameters configure automatic PGA memory management?
5. Suppose you have used EM Database Control to drill down into ADDM findings and
have found that a single SQL statement is causing the majority of the I/O on your system.
Which of the following advisors is best suited to troubleshoot this SQL statement?
A. SQL Tuning Advisor
B. SQL Access Advisor
C. Both A and B
D. Neither A nor B
6. Which SGA component cannot be dynamically changed after instance startup?
D. None of the above
7. Which procedure is used to tell Oracle that the statistics gathered should not be
8. Which data dictionary view contains information explaining why ADDM made its
9. Which of the following advisors determines if the space allocated to the shared pool,
large pool, or buffer cache is adequate?
B. SGA Tuning Advisor
C. Memory Advisor
D. Pool Advisor
10. Which initialization parameter can disable memory advisors and Automatic Shared
Memory Management? (Choose the best answer.)
D. Memory advisors cannot be disabled.
11. Which statement regarding SGA_MAX_SIZE is true?
A. SGA_MAX_SIZE is modifiable after an instance is started, only when Automatic Mem-
ory Management is used.
B. SGA_MAX_SIZE is not dynamically modifiable.
C. SGA_MAX_SIZE is ignored when MEMORY_TARGET > 0 .
D. SGA_MAX_SIZE must be specified when SGA_TARGET > 0 .
12. When you configure an alert, which of the following types of alert thresholds can you
use to monitor a tablespace for diminishing free space?
A. Warning threshold
B. Critical threshold
13. Multiple baseline metrics can be gathered and stored in the AWR. Why might you
want more than one metrics baseline?
A. You might want a separate baseline metric for each user.
B. You might want a separate baseline metric for daytime usage versus off-hours usage.
C. You might want a separate baseline metric for each schema.
D. You would never want more than one baseline metric, even though it is possible to
gather and store them.
14. When does ADDM run? (Choose two.)
A. When an AWR snapshot is taken automatically by the MMON process
B. When an AWR snapshot is taken automatically by the MMNL process
C. When an AWR snapshot is taken manually by DBA
D. When the AutoTask process runs hourly to take workload snapshots
15. Which statement about the MEMORY_TARGET parameter is not true?
A. It is a dynamic initialization parameter.
B. It represents the total maximum memory that can be allocated to the instance
memory (PGA and SGA combined).
C. Its default value is zero.
D. You will not get an error when SGA_TARGET and PGA_AGGREGATE_TARGET param-
eters are set to nonzero values.
16. Which of the following is a performance metric that could be defined as “the amount
of work that a system can perform in a given amount of time”?
A. Response time
17. Which parameter determines the location of the alert log?
18. By default, how long will database statistics be retained in the AWR?
A. 8 days
B. 30 days
C. 7 hours
19. Your users have called to complain that system performance has suddenly decreased
markedly. Which is the most likely place to look for the cause of the problem in EM
A. The Main screen
B. The Performance tab
C. The Administration tab
D. The Maintenance tab
20. Using EM Database Control, you’ve identified the following SQL statement as the
source of a lot of disk I/O:
SELECT NAME, LOCATION, CREDIT_LIMIT FROM CUSTOMERS
What should you do first to try to improve performance?
A. Run the SQL Tuning Advisor.
B. Run the SQL Access Advisor.
C. Check the EM Database Control main screen for alerts.
D. Click the Alert Log Content link in the EM Database Control main screen.