1. Which of the statements is true about the baptism of Jesus?
Jesus was baptized to announce the beginning of his ministry.
Jesus needed to be baptized because he was a sinner.
John baptized Jesus because he wanted Jesus to save him from being killed by Herod Antipas.
John baptized Jesus at the Sea of Galilee and was able to witness God’s Spirit descend upon Jesus.
2. When asked to jump from the temple, Jesus told Satan, “Do not put the Lord to the test.” What is wrong with putting the Lord to the test?
The Lord hates being tested.
It is a sign that we do not trust the Lord.
The Lord will always pass our test. It’s useless to test Him.
Our Lord will also put us to the test if we put Him to the test.
3. What did Jesus say when Satan told him to turn the stones into loaves of bread?
“You shall not put the Lord, your God, to the test.”
“The Lord, your God, shall you worship and him alone shall you serve.”
“One does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.”
“He will command his angels concerning you and with their hands they will support you, lest you dash your foot against a stone.”
4. Who is known as the “beloved”?
5. Who among the following fishermen was given the title "Rock"?
6. Every time Piolo would enter the room of his 18-year old brother, he would be tempted to read the “bad” magazine his brother was reading. If you were to help Piolo avoid committing any sin, what would you do?
Keep it in your room so Piolo wouldn’t be able to use it
Remind Piolo about God's commandments and ask God to direct his attention to better things
Tell Piolo it's alright to read it as long as he prays afterwards for the forgiveness of his sins
Leave it there for Piolo to see because there's nothing wrong with those kinds of magazines anyway
7. I want to follow Jesus’ example in the “Temptation in the Desert”. How can I do this?
By taking the first chance to attain becoming famous
By staying in bed all day so that I can avoid doing bad things
By praying for strength and grace to overcome difficulties in life
By showing off to the world your achievements you have earned from hard work
8. Which person DOES NOT show the identity of being a baptized Catholic?
Daniel felt so lazy to do his project. He watched a television show instead.
Diether got invited to play a gambling game. He decided not to join.
Jericho was tempted to punch Jet because he would always tease him. He walked away instead.
Sam wanted to leave his religion because of bad news about bishops and priests. He stayed and prayed for them instead.
9. What part in Jesus’ baptism shows his respect and humility?
The pouring of water on his head
The dove coming out of the clouds
Jesus wanting John to baptize him even if John hesitated
When God said, “this is my beloved Son on whom I am well pleased”
10. He was given the task of building the Church of God and is considered its first pope.
Simon the Zealot
James the lesser
11. He was formerly a disciple of John the Baptist before he became Jesus’ apostle.
12. The apostle who doubted the resurrection of Jesus and he even declared that he will only believe that Jesus has risen if he can touch the wounds in his hands and touch his side.
13. The apostle who betrayed Jesus. Because of his guilt he took away his own life by hanging himself.
14. The individual chosen by the 11 apostles to replace the traitor after the crucifixion of Jesus.
15. A strict follower of the Law and was strongly against the Roman rule which was governing Israel during that time.
James the greater