1. On a scale of 1:50, what does 50mm represent?
2. What is the scale used on a block plan?
3. Hatchings are used to identify which of the following?
a. Air vents
b. Brickwork and blockwork
4. Why are symbols used on drawings and plans?
a. To represent different materials and components
b. To help operatives understand drawings
c. To make drawings more interesting to look at
d. To avoid the used of technical jargon
5. Which material is used to reduce energy in a building?
6. Which of the following tasks is not determined by a datum?
a. Window cill heights
b. Finished floor level
d. Setting out roof trusses
7. Which material is not used in concrete foundations?
8. What does the acronym DPM stand for?
a. Damp proof membrane
b. Damp preventing membrane
c. Damp proofing material
d. Damp preventing material
9. What is the formula for calculating foundations?
a. Length x width
b. 2 (length x width x depth
c. Length x width x depth
d. 2 (length x width)
10. What does DPC stand for?
a. Damp preventing course
b. Damp proof course
c. Damp proof cill
d. Damp preventing cement
11. Which of the following is used as a final finish on internal walling?
12. What is the formula for calculating the area of a wall?
a. Length x height
b. Length x height x depth
c. 2 (Length x height x depth)
d. 2 (Length x height)
13. Which is the correct sequence for painting a newly plastered internal wall?
a. Mist coat, prepare wall, top coat, undercoat
b. Prepare wall, top coat, mist coat, undercoat
c. Prepare wall, mist coat, undercoat, top coat
d. Prepare wall, undercoat, top coat, mist coat,
14. Which of the following is not a component of a solid concrete floor?
d. Damp proof course
15. What is the ratio for mixing mortar?
a. 1 aggregate x 4 sand
b. 4 cement x 1 sand
c. 4 sand x 1 cement
d. 1 aggregate x 4 cement
16. A flat roof has a pitch no more than:
17. What are lean-to roofs are generally used on?
a. Small, double-storey buildings
b. Small, single-storey extensions
c. Large, double-storey buildings
d. Large, double-storey extensions
18. Hip roofs are erected when there is no:
a. Wall plate
19. What is the method used to calculate fascia?
d. Cubic meters
20. Which of the following is a disadvantage of written communication?
a. Messages can be rewritten
b. Written messages can be kept or recorded
c. It can be lost
d. They can be distributed to many people