Each question in this quiz is timed.
1. Most people are too ...... in their own lives to ........ much about the agonies of others.
2. Several plots ........... ........... in various television episodes.
Demonstrate, violently prone
3. Lawyers and doctors .......... that advertising will certainly ...... their profession adversely.
4. Because the ............ leading to cancellation of flight were murky, the Minister appointed a Commission to ........ and report the matter.
Staff members, undertake
5. By ........ of their athletic activities, a few sportsmen are able to escape the pressures that living in ....... can create.
Passage for Question No (6 to 10)
Rearrange the following six sentences [A], [B], [C], [B],[E] and [F] in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.
[A] To address these issues Indian corporate are increasingly turning eco-friendly.
[B] At present, however, there are only a dozen green buildings in the private sector.
[C] However, though an eco-friendly building may cost more upfront, it is cost Effective because of lower operating costs in the long run.
[D] Today there is growing concern about global warming, energy and water crises.
[E] The reason is the construction cost of an eco-friendly building is 15% to 20% more than putting up a conventional building.
[F] Planting trees, using energy-saving lighting systems and constructing eco-friendly green buildings are some of the measures they are taking.
6.Which of the following will be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
7. Which of the following will be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
8. Which of the following will be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
9. Which of the following will be the FIFTH sentence after rearrangement?
10. Which of the following will be the SIXTH (LAST) sentence after rearrangement?