Each question in this quiz is timed.
Click the button below to start the quiz.
1. MBO systems have all of these components except:
The goals emerge from the competitor analysis
They require specific difficult and objective goals
The goals are not usually set unilaterally by management
The managers give objective feedback throughout the rating period to monitor progress toward the goals
None of these
2. Which of the following statements BEST describes "motivation"?
Results in a level of efforts put by a group
Intensifies an individual's efforts from others
Guides an individual's efforts towards a goal
Meets an individual's needs, wants and demands
None of these
3. Which of these involves training of the team in how to share information and decisions?
Team leader training
4. Totality of beliefs, customs, traditions and values shared by the members of the organization from
5............... is a document which states the minimum acceptable human qualities necessary to perform job properly
6. Which of these best describes the term 'hard' HRM?
An approach based on identifying key competencies in employees
A range of policies which emphasizes internal and external fit
A range of policies which emphasizes the development of employees
A cost centered rational approach to managing people
7. According to the social constructionist perspective we can improve communication by:
Describing and understanding destructive patterns
Recognizing that we create reality by talking about it and should take responsibility for our talk
Learning to see things from the receiver’s point of view
Encoding messages as clearly as possible
8. In..........participation workers are given more powers to plan make decisions about their own & work.
9. Activities undertaken by the individual employees and the organization to meet career aspirations and job requirements is called as
10. Any group member can improve the quality of group interaction by:
Asking questions of others
Calling for a vote without further discussion
Refusing to participate in the conflict discussion
Encouraging group think
Both C and D