1) In which month and year did the Great War end?
2) In the first half of 1918 the German Army launched a final push to attempt to win the war, what was it known as?
3) Who mutinied to bring the war to an end in 1918 and why?
4) Which political party took power after the Kaiser's abdication?
5) Name Germany's first leader after the Kaiser's abdication
6) What was the name given to the belief that Germany hadn't truly lost the war, but had been betrayed by her politicians?
the betrayal attack
Stab in the back
7) Name the group who launched an attempted communist revolution in Berlin in January 1919
Left wing communists
Right wing nationalists
8) Name both of its leaders
Rosa Luxemburg and Karl Liebknecht
Ebert and Goebbels
Rosa Liebknecht and Karl Luxemburg
9) Name the group that Ebert armed in order to put down the uprising
10) Who were these men (what had they been previously?)
11) In March 1920 another revolt was launched, this time by right-wing nationalists. What was it called?
12) How was it defeated?
13) What figure were the reperations that Germany had to pay set at?
14) What was the Treaty called whereby Germany had taken a lot of Russian land after Russia's surrender in 1917?
Treaty of Versailles
Treaty of Breslitovsk
Treaty of Germany
15) Where did the French occupy in January 1913 and why?
16) What was the response of German workers?
17) What did this mean for Germany's economy?
solved money problems
18) What happened in Munich in November 1923?