Television

Question 1 of 13

Medal-premium 1

Television became widely popular after the end of World War II. Over _ million American homes had television in 1948

Select one of the following:

  • 1 million

  • 3 million

  • 5 million

Question 2 of 13

Medal-premium 1

First TV satellite was launched in 1962 and in 1969 over 600 million people watched moon landings live from their homes

Select one of the following:

  • True
  • False

Question 3 of 13

Medal-premium 1

British show Top Gear is the most watched television show with an estimated _ million weekly viewers in 170 countries

Select one of the following:

  • 100 million

  • 350 million

  • 500 million

Question 4 of 13

Medal-premium 1

Most people dream in color, but those that grew up watching black and white television often dream in black and white

Select one of the following:

  • True
  • False

Question 5 of 13

Medal-premium 1

Studies say that only 2 percent of unwanted television sets were recycled between 2006 and 2007. The other 98 percent (around 20 million units) were disposed mostly to landfills creating large amounts of harmful electronic waste

Select one of the following:

  • True
  • False

Question 6 of 13

Medal-premium 1

In 1987, a man hijacked a television station during an episode of Dr. Who and wore a Max Headroom mask and uttered nonsense, and he still hasn’t been caught

Select one of the following:

  • True
  • False

Question 7 of 13

Medal-premium 1

The inventor of the television would not let his own children watch TV

Select one of the following:

  • True
  • False

Question 8 of 13

Medal-premium 1

There is something called the “CSI effect”: when people are so obsessed that they leave everything to become criminalists

Select one of the following:

  • True
  • False

Question 9 of 13

Medal-premium 1

The two-minute ad for Chanel with Nicole Kidman is the most expensive commercial ever made, which costs $_ million

Select one of the following:

  • 11 million

  • 33 million

  • 105 million

Question 10 of 13

Medal-premium 1

Despite the "Cord cutting" trend, cable/satellite is still king

Select one of the following:

  • True
  • False

Question 11 of 13

Medal-premium 1

Men watch more TV than women

Select one of the following:

  • True
  • False

Question 12 of 13

Medal-premium 1

Kids watch TV less than adults

Select one of the following:

  • True
  • False

Question 13 of 13

Medal-premium 1

The link between TV watching and obesity still isn’t profound

Select one of the following:

  • True
  • False
Icon_fullscreen

Television

imlikeaboss
Quiz by , created over 1 year ago

Media History Presentation

Eye 13
Pin 0
Balloon-left 0
Tags
imlikeaboss
Created by imlikeaboss over 1 year ago
Close