are the large groups of stars
are enormous balls of extremely hot gas
is formed of
Galaxies, Stars, Planets and Nebulae
are spherical bodies which revolve around the sun.
are composed of clouds of gas and dust and surrounds the stars.
are composed of clouds of gas and dust and surrounds the stars
Milky Way is
the galaxy we live in
The Sun is
a star which consists mainly of two gases: hydrogen and helium.
- It’s the smallest and closest to the Sun.
- No satellites.
- No atmosphere
- it spins "backwards" on its axis.
- It’s the planet with the longest day; takes 243 Earth days.
- No satellites.
- CO2 in the atmosphere.
- It has a satellite, the Moon.
- Its atmosphere is composed by nitrogen and oxygen
- Also called the red planet.
- It has two satellites.
- CO2 in the atmosph
The inner planets ...
They are mostly made of rock and metal and have few or no moons.
- It’s the largest planet.
- It’s the planet with the shortest day; a day on Jupiter only takes 9.8 Earth hours!
- It has more than 50 satellites.
- It has a group of rings made of dust and rocks.
- It’s the lightest planet that we know
- It has more than 25 satellites.
- It has a group of rings.
- It’s an extremely cold planet. It’s called the”ice giant”
- It has more than 10 satellites.
- It’ a very windy place.
The outer planets
- They are mostly huge, mostly gaseous, ringed, and have many moons .
- They also have much more mass than the terrestrial planets.
It is a large rock in outer space
Where is the belt of asteriods?
It's between Mars and Jupiter.
A comet is ...
It's a small celestial body. They are made up of dust, ice and rock,
which release gas clouds when they are near the Sun.
It is a disc-shaped region of icy objects beyond the orbit of Neptune, billions of kilometers from our sun
Comets come from two places...
The Kuiper Belt and the Oort Cloud.