(001) Which type of maintenance ensures that equipment is ready and available at the time of need?
(001) Which of the following is used to highlight trends, benchmarks, or safety conditions relating to maintenance equipment, personnel, training, or processes?
National stock numbers
(001) Who is the office of primary responsibility (OPR) for the Intermediate Repair Enhancement Program?
Maintenance group commander
Maintenance group superintendent
(001) Maintenance cross-tells are used for what purpose?
Provides senior wing leadership with a forum in which to evaluate current aircraft weapons systems.
To highlight trends, benchmarks, or safety conditions relating to maintenance equipment, personnel, training or processes.
It consists of both on- and/or off equipment maintenance and is performed at a major repair facility.
It generally includes repair, inspection, testing, servicing, and calibration.
(002) What type of maintenance facility is a hybrid of 2LM and 3LM and combines intermediate-level maintenance from multiple bases to one location?
Decentralized maintenance facility
Centralized repair facility
Regional repair center
(002) Which maintenance capability category is performed at backshop level and consists of off-equipment maintenance?
(002) All requests for depot level assistance must be coordinated through
Plans, Scheduling, and Documentation and the Maintenance Group commander
Plans, Scheduling, and Documentation and Maintenance Management Analysis
Quality Assurance and Plans, Scheduling, and Documentation
Quality Assurance and Maintenance Management Analysis
(002) What do you call wing-level maintenance facilities providing intermediate-level maintenance repair support for multiple Air Force units within a particular theater of operations?
Regional Repair Centers
Centralized Repair Facilities
Programmed Depot Maintenance
Intermediate Repair Enhancement Program
(003) Who takes the lead in identifying, tracking, assessing, and correcting R&M deficiencies on their assigned air and space equipment and also co-chairs the PIWG?
Programs and Resources Flight
Quality assurance (QA)
Office of primary responsibility (OPR)
(003) What program promotes identifying and correcting system deficiencies before they affect combat capability?
Reliability and Maintainability
Intermediate Repair Enhancement
(003) Which category of Deficiency Report should you submit if the equipment has a deficiency that if uncorrected, may cause major loss or damage to equipment and no workaround is known?
(003) Which Maintenance Group agency provides technical assistance for Deficiency Reports to work center supervisors?
Plans, Scheduling, and Documentation
Maintenance Supply Liaison
(004) Which of the following is used to assign responsibilities, direct actions, and prescribe procedures within a subordinate function (i.e., a staff office, a branch, a squadron, etc.)?
Air Force instructions
(004) What type of support agreement governs services provided by US Northern Command to US Central Command?
(004) When Operating Instructions (OI) apply to multiple groups, they should be published as
separate group OIs
(005) Which AFTO IMT is used to maintain a permanent history of significant maintenance actions on end-items of equipment?
(005) Upon transfer of engines to and from a depot maintenance facility, who is responsible for ensuring all basic engine components have been accounted for?
The location that has the access to the necessary MIS to retrieve the historical information
The maintenance facility that preserves the engine
(005) Printed copies of the AFTO IMT 95 are not required to accompany end items upon transfer
in units where jet engines, jet engine adjustable nozzles, or thrust reversers are involved in frequent rotation from one aerospace vehicle to another
as long as an entry has been made in the necessary maintenance information system verifying that the basic items have been accounted for
to/from locations that have access to the necessary maintenance information systems to retrieve the historical information
in the case of helicopter blades and tail rotor blades being transferred into the disposal system
(005) What AFTO IMT is used to document accumulated cycles, operating time, and maintenance history, as well as pertinent manufacturing data for jet engine turbine wheels?
(006) Which Integrated Maintenance Database System-Central Database (IMDS-CDB) subsystem provides the capability to track engines and their components for time-changes and inspections and establishes and maintains the installed-on relationship between the engine and components?
C-E Equipment Status
Job Data Documentation
Status and Inventory Reporting
Comprehensive Engine Management System
(006) In regards to MIS data integrity, what are work center and shift supervisors responsible for doing?
Reviewing the data entered into their respective MIS by personnel under their control on a daily basis
To enter discrepancies discovered during flight, flight data, deviation data, and discrepancies discovered off base
To prefill and print AFTO IMT/Forms 781 A, J, and K
To ensure AFTO 350 tags are filled out in pen
(006) What section guides the data integrity team process and is responsible for ensuring the MIS data provided to maintenance managers is meaningful and factual?
Plans, scheduling, and documentation
Maintenance Operations Flight (MOF) Maintenance Management Analysis (MMA) section
(006) What section is responsible for correcting incorrect and erroneous data entered into the MIS?
The section that entered the data
(006) Which Integrated Maintenance Database System-Central Database (IMDS-CDB) subsystem allows users to track maintenance actions and has both maintenance and supply data?
Aircraft Automated Forms 781A, J, K
(006) Which Integrated Maintenance Database System-Central Database (IMDS-CDB) subsystem replaces the Maintenance Data Collection (MDC) system and provides maintenance personnel with the online capability to document, inquire, and produce retrievals of maintenance actions?
(006) Who guides the overall Data Integrity Team process and ensures the data provided to maintenance managers and supervision is meaningful and factual?
Maintenance Management Analysis
Programs and Resources
(006) In addition to being familiar with the unit’s assigned weapon system(s), squadron representatives for the Data Integrity Team must be at least
a senior Airman
a non-commissioned officer
(007) What provides a measurement of unit performance and capability?
(007) What are the two most common types of primary maintenance metric indicators?
Performance and health
Trending and impacting
Positive and negative
Leading and lagging
(007) Which primary maintenance metric indictor shows problems first, as they directly impact maintenance’s capability to provide resources to execute the mission?
(007) Which primary maintenance metric indictor shows and follows firmly established trends?
(007) What are two major categories that metrics are often divided into?
Major and minor
Ups and downs
Leading and lagging indicators
(007) What type of performance indicator shows a problem first, while it is impacting maintenance’s capability to provide resources to execute the mission?
(007) What type of indicator shows firmly established trends?
(008) What maintenance repair priority level should be assigned to perform maintenance on primary mission aircraft, related AGE, and munitions support equipment for the first 8 hours after landing or start of recovery?
(008) What maintenance repair priority level should be assigned to perform scheduled maintenance to include periodic inspections, routine TCTOs, and TCIs?
(008) Which maintenance repair priority is designated only for aircraft that are on alert status or aircraft that are supporting the war plan or national emergency missions?
(009) In addition to ensuring effective FOD/DOP programs, what must the FOD/DOP program manager do on a quarterly or monthly basis?
Chair the FOD and DOP prevention committee meetings
Identifying and resolving issues/disagreements related to the schedules
Serves as the group’s focal point for enlisted manning
Ensures the MXG and OG participate jointly in developing an annual maintenance and flying program and a joint plan to ensure the best use of aircraft, equipment, and personnel
(009) Who does the MXG SUPT work directly for?
(009) Who is responsible for chairing the daily maintenance production/scheduling meeting with representatives from throughout the MXG?
(009) Although the “Wing Standup” meeting is used to keep the WG/CC updated about maintenance issues, what is the overall focus of the meeting?
Ensures the MXG is not overly tasked with augmentation duties outside of their functional areas
Ensure an understanding of the requirements and capabilities of maintenance actions
(009) Who is responsible for establishing a crashed, damaged, or disabled aircraft recovery program?
Maintenance Group commander
Maintenance Group deputy commander
(009) Who is personally responsible for managing the Foreign Object Damage and Dropped Object Prevention programs?
Maintenance group deputy commander
(009) Who is responsible for standardizing maintenance discipline, procedures, organizational structures, compliance, and management philosophy?
(009) Who is responsible for chairing the daily maintenance production/scheduling meeting with representatives from throughout the maintenance group (MXG)?
MXG deputy commander
(009) Who oversees the management of maintenance facilities and aircraft support equipment procurement and maintenance?
(010) Even though SQ/CCs are ultimately responsible for unit deployment readiness, who do they appoint to help ensure deployment readiness?
(010) In AMXS/HMXS or MXS, who does the MX SUPT work for?
SNCO or civilian equivalent
(010) In MOS, who are flight chiefs responsible to in the area of leadership, supervision, and training of their assigned flight personnel?
MOF/CC assisted by the MOF SUPT
MOO/MX SUPT in AMXS/HMXS
(010) What is the grade requirement to be appointed as an AMU flight-line Pro Super?
TSgt or above
CGO or civilian equivalent
NCO or civilian equivalent
(010) Who chairs a daily maintenance production meeting to develop and modify the overall maintenance plan of attack for an AMU?
AMU OIC or SUPT
MOF/CC and MOF SUPT
(010) Who is responsible for developing written procedures for EOR inspections in coordination with the wing weapons manager, weapons safety manager, and airfield management?
(010) Who is responsible for reviewing and consolidating monthly maintenance plan inputs from the various MXS flights/section and for forwarding them to MOF PS&D?
MXS MOO with the assistance of the MX SUPT
(010) Who is held legally responsible for their unit’s Environmental Protection Agency program compliance in accordance with AFI 32–7042, Waste Management?
Maintenance operations officers
Maintenance group commanders
(010) Which commander is tasked with developing and publishing the wing flying/maintenance schedule in coordination with other squadron maintenance operations officers/maintenance superintendents?
Maintenance operations flight
Aircraft maintenance squadron
Maintenance operations squadron
(010) Worker safety and health information must be monitored, tracked, and documented using what AF IMT?
(010) Section non-commissioned officers-in-charge are responsible for developing crossutilization training requirements, ensuring they do not interfere with
accountability and control procedures
deployments and wing-level taskings
qualification and upgrade training
scheduled maintenance actions
(010) Section non-commissioned officers-in-charge must ensure their sections are organized with tools, equipment, and material as close to the Point of Maintenance without jeopardizing
maintenance and flying schedules
proper maintenance techniques
(010) When a maintenance squadron production superintendent is appointed, who must he or she inform of specialist non-availability to at the beginning of each shift?
Aircraft maintenance unit production superintendents
Maintenance Operation Center
Group manning manager
(011) Which MOF section is responsible for monitoring and coordinating sortie and maintenance production and overall execution of the flying and maintenance schedules?
(011) Which MOF section is responsible for coordinating aircraft maintenance requirements and ensuring proper utilization scheduling between the OG and MXG and any other applicable external agencies?
(011) Programs and Resources Flight personnel are primarily responsible for managing what programs within the MXG?
Manning, facilities, support agreements, and deployment programs
Support agreements and deployment programs
Training Management, Development and Instruction
Facilities and Training Management
(011) How many standard squadrons are in a maintenance group?
(011) Which Maintenance Operations Squadron flight is a centrally located agency responsible for monitoring and developing long-range strategies to sustain fleet health?
Maintenance Operations Center (MOC)
Maintenance Training Flight (MTF)
Maintenance Operations (MOF)
(011) The Maintenance Operations Center is responsible for the overall management of which Integrated Maintenance Data System-Central Database (IMDS-CDB) subsystem?
(011) Which section is the wing focal point for engine health tracking and the engine health management program?
Aircraft Maintenance Unit Specialist Section
Jet Engine Intermediate Maintenance
Maintenance Operations Center
(011) Which Maintenance Operation Squadron section maintains standardized aircraft jacket files and attends pre-dock and post-dock inspection meetings?
(011) The Maintenance Training Flight normally consists of what two sections?
Education and Training; Development and Instruction
Training Management; Development and Instruction
Training Development; Instruction Management
Training Detachment; Training Management
(012) What agency’s basic mission is to launch and recover aircraft and to perform the necessary servicing, inspections, and maintenance to perform daily aircraft flying operations?
Aircraft Maintenance Unit
Maintenance Operations Squadron
(012) What are the standard sections of an AMU?
Production, Debrief, Aircraft, Specialist, Weapons, and Support
COSO, Debrief, Aircraft, Specialist, Weapons, and Support
Debrief, Aircraft, Specialist, Weapons, and Support
Aircraft, Specialist, Weapons, and Support
(012) Who is responsible for ensuring aircraft form sets are made available to the Debrief Section by the end of the flying day if debriefs have been suspended due to aircraft flying surge operations?
Flight-line expediter or Pro Super
(012) What does an aircraft landing status code of 2 mean with regard to aircraft or system condition?
Aircraft or system has major discrepancies in mission essential equipment that may require extensive repair or replacement prior to further mission assignment
Aircraft or system has minor discrepancies but is capable of further mission assignment within normal turnaround times
Aircraft or system has suspected or known radiological, chemical, or biological contamination
(012) In a general sense, what are DCCs and ADCCs charged with doing in respect to their assigned aircraft?
Monitoring all armament systems maintenance and loading operations
To obtain information on system/component repeat, recur, and CND trends
Managing and supervising all maintenance on their assigned aircraft
Aircraft troubleshooting, on-equipment repairs, component R&I, reprogramming avionics systems, and classified aircraft items management
(012) Which specialist is responsible for maintaining ECS, bleed air, vacuum, pneumatic, fire suppression, and oxygen systems?
Fuel Systems Specialist
(012) What is the minimum amount of time that personnel are normally assigned to the Support Section?
(012) Which of the following is not a section within a standard aircraft maintenance unit?
(012) What does the Debrief section use to help identify fault codes to aid maintainers in aircraft troubleshooting?
Landing status codes
Fault Isolation manuals
System capability codes
Fault Reporting manuals
(012) Who must ensure the applicable aircraft form sets are provided to the Debrief section by the end of the flying day if debriefs are suspended due to aircraft flying surge operations?
Weapons expediter or Specialist expediter
Flight-line expediter or Aircraft section chief
Flight-line expediter or Production Superintendent
Aircraft section chief or Production Superintendent
(012) The Aircraft section is split into two separate sections when an Aircraft Maintenance Unit’s number of mission assigned aircraft is more than
(012) Which section is normally responsible for aircraft troubleshooting, on-equipment repairs, component removal and installation, reprogramming avionics systems, and classified aircraft items management?
(012) Which technicians maintain aircraft bleed air, vacuum, pneumatic, fire suppression, and oxygen systems, including removing and replacing associated system components?
(012) Who is responsible to the Weapons section chief for monitoring all armament systems maintenance and loading operations?
Load crew chief
Dedicated crew chief
(012) Which section is tasked with the maintenance, control, and storage of alternate mission equipment, dash–21 equipment, and maintenance, safety, and protective equipment?
Armament Support section
(013) What sections are in a standard Accessories Flight?
The E&E, egress, fuel systems, and hydraulics sections
The E&E, wheel and tire, egress, fuel systems, and hydraulics sections
The Metals tech, sheet metal, NDI, and corrosion sections
The E&E, fuel systems, and hydraulics sections
(013) What three sections usually make up the AGE Flight?
Support, DIFM monitoring, and AGE COSO
Repair and Inspection; Servicing, Pickup, and Delivery; and AGE COSO
Repair and Inspection; Servicing, Pickup, and Delivery; and AGE Production Support
Servicing, Repair, and Production Support
(013) What sections make up the Fabrication Flight?
Aircraft Structural Maintenance, Low-Observable Aircraft Structural Maintenance, Metals Technology, and NDI
Repair and Reclamation, Wheel and Tire, Aircraft Inspection, and Transient Alert
Customer service, production scheduling, traffic management, and maintenance supply liaison
(013) What four sections normally make up the Maintenance Flight?
(013) What are the four elements of the TMDE Production Control section?
Servicing, supply liaison, test and development, and quality control
Adjust and alignment, production scheduling, traffic management, and maintenance supply liaison
Adjust and alignment, production scheduling, traffic management, and supply liaison
(013) Which Maintenance Flight removes, replaces, and rigs flight control surfaces?
Repair and Reclamation
(013) Which Propulsion Flight section is responsible for maintaining, managing, and storing engine support trailers?
Engine Equipment Maintenance
(013) Which of the following is not a standard flight in the maintenance squadron?
(013) Commanders have the option of establishing two separate squadrons, the Equipment Maintenance Squadron and the Component Maintenance Squadron, if maintenance squadron manning authorizations exceed
(013) In relation to aerospace ground equipment, what are centrally located to enhance mission performance?
AFTO IMT 244s
(013) Which Avionics Flight section is responsible for performing off-equipment maintenance on systems such as all-weather landing, attitude reference and bombing, and inertial navigation?
Guidance and Control Systems
(013) Which Avionics Flight section is responsible for maintaining low-altitude navigation and targeting infrared for night (LANTIRN) pods?
(013) Which Fabrication Flight section’s processes are tightly controlled because the parts and tools they manufacture must meet the stringent standards of aerospace-grade equipment?
Aircraft Structural Maintenance
(013) If a Refurbishment section is established, wings have the option to align it under either the Maintenance Flight or the
Aircraft Inspection Flight
Two-level Maintenance Flight
(013) Which Munitions Flight section receives, stores, warehouses, handles, inspects, ships, inventories, and transports containers, dispensers, and training items?
(013) Which Propulsion Flight section stores, builds up, tears down, modifies, and repairs engines, quick engine change kits, and test components?
Small Gas Turbine Engine
(013) The Test, Measurement, and Diagnostic Equipment(TMDE) Flight maintains, calibrates, and certifies TMDE through the
Geographically separated units
Air Force Primary Standards Laboratory
Rapid Assistance Support for Calibration
Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory
(013) What section maintains, programs, and performs TCTOs on avionics components when the specified test stations and support equipment are available in the section?
geographically separated units
Avionics Equipment Maintenance