1. The well-known UDP port numbers are less than _____.
2. In TCP/IP protocol reference model, IP is _____ protocol.
3. RIP uses three timers to support its operation. They are Periodic,____ , and Garbage Collection timers.
4. A router (IP address: 188.8.131.52) wants to send a message to every host on a local network using direct broadcast address. The destination IP address for the message is _____.
5. Routing protocol RPM stands for ______
6. Split horizon and ________ are used to solve the problem of two-node routing loop in Distance Vector (DV) routing.
7. RIP packets are encapsulated in _______ datagrams.
9. The netid of the IP address 184.108.40.206 is ______.
10. A company is allocated IP address 220.127.116.11 for its corporate network. The company decided to divide its corporate network into 4 subnets. The subnet mask used by the company is ______.
11. In TCP/IP protocol suite, a process is uniquely identified by the combination of an IP address and ______.
12. UDP is a connectionless, ______ transport protocol
13. TCP is a ______-oriented transport protocol
14. IP address 10.0.0.2 is a Class ______ IP address
15. An IPv6 address is ______ bytes in length
16. An Internet is a network of ______
17. Protocols define ______ order of messages and actions taken on messages.
18. In OSI model, Session layer packets are carried by ______ layer packets.
19. ______ and ______ are two major responsibilities of network layer.
20. In TCP/IP protocol suite, ICMP is a ______ layer protocol.
21. MTU ______ protocol is used to find out the minimum MTU (Maximum Transfer Unit) on the path between the source and the destination.
22. The netid of IP address 10.0.0.9 is ______.
23. A local ISP is connected to the rest of the Internet through a ______ ISP
24. A router (IP address: 18.104.22.168) wants to send a message to every host on a local network using direct broadcast address. The destination IP address for the message is ______.
25. ______ and ______ are two unicast routing protocols used in the Internet
26. In Distance Vector (DV) routing, the least cost means ___
27. Mapped addresses are used by TCP machines when sending packets to IPv4 machines
28. There are 5 Layers in the ___ protocols.
29. The netid of IP address 22.214.171.124 is ___
30. The original form of IPv6 address of 0:FA::0 is ___
31. RIP will only route a packet maximum of ___ hops
32. RIP and EIGRP are examples of ___ routing protocols
33. A TCP client sends ___segment to open a TCP connection
34. OSPF and IS-IS are examples of ___ routing protocols
35. ___ bits need to be borrowed from the hosted field of a class b network address in order to create 16 subnets
36. There are ___bits in an IPv4 address
37. FTP employs ___ as the transport layer for data transfer
38. Routers running OSPF protocol use ___ messages to establish neighbor relationship
39. A 600 byte UDP packet contains ___ bytes of user data
40. The acknowledgement number defines the number of the ___byte the receiver expects to receive
41. The UDP port number used to send mobile IP Registration messages is ___
42. The original (unabbreviated) form of IPv6 address 0:4A::0 is ___
43. Assume RIP is used as the only routing protocol in a corporate network. The maximum hop count of the corporate network is ___
44. RIP and ___are two unicast routing protocol commonly used in the Internet.
45. In TCP protocol, a client TCP sends ___segment to close a TCP connection.
46. Mobile node A has home address 126.96.36.199. It has just moved to a foreign network. Assume A is assigned a care-of-address of 188.8.131.52 in the foreign network. A is now communicating with node B which has an IP address of 184.108.40.206. A will use ___ as the source IP address for packets sent to B.
47. The IP address of a university's campus network is 220.127.116.11. Assume the campus network has 8 subnets. ___are needed to be borrowed from the hostid field to identify subnets in the network.
48. The header of an IPv6 packet is ___ in length.
49. Routers running BGP protocol use ___ messages to establish neighborhood relationship with their neighbors.
50. A UDP packet is 300 bytes in length. It contains ___bytes of user data.
51. A TCP receiver just receives a 305-byte TCP segment. Assume the sequence number of the TCP segment is 110011. The acknowledgment number used to acknowledge the successful reception of the TCP segment is ___.
8. BGP uses four different types of messages. They are Open, ___, Keepalive, and Notification messages.