Each question in this quiz is timed.
Click the button below to start the quiz.
1. Based on the following statements, which is the correct conclusion drawn. Only gentlemen can become members of the club. Many of the members of the club are officers. Some of the officers have been invited for dinner.
All the members of the club have been invited for dinner
Some of the officers are not gentlemen
All gentlemen are members of the club
Only gentlemen have been invited for dinner
2) Of the following two statements, both of which cannot be true, but both can also be false. Which are these two statements ?
I. All machines make noise
II. Some machines are noisy
III. No machine makes noise
IV. Some machines are not noisy
I & II
III & IV
I & III
II & IV
3) Circle indicates 'strong', square indicates 'tall' and triangle 'army officers'. The strong army officers who are not tall are shown
4) There are eight poets, namely, A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H in respect of whom questions are being asked in the examination. The first four are ancient poets and the last four are modern poets. The question on ancient and modern poets is being asked in alternate years. Those who like H also like G, those who like D like C also. The examiner who sets question is not likely to ask question on D because he has written an article on him. But he likes D. Last year a question was asked on F. Considering these facts, on whom the question is most likely to be asked this year ?
5) Which of the following figures best depicts the relationship among criminals, thieves and judges ?
6) In a family there are husband wife, two sons and two daughters. All the ladies were invited to a dinner. Both sons went out to play. Husband did not return from office. Who was at home?
Only wife was at home
All ladies were at home
Only sons were at home
No body was at home
7) Artists are generally whimsical. Some of them are frustrated. Frustrated people are prone to be drug addicts. Based on these statements which of the following conclusions is true?
All frustrated people are drug addicts
Some artists may be drug addicts
All drug addicts are artists
Frustrated people are whimsical
8) If A is the son of Q, Q and Y are sisters, Z is the mother of Y, P is the son of Z, then which of the following statements is correct ?
P is the maternal uncle of A
P and Y are sisters
A and P are cousins
None of the above
9) There are five books A, B, C, D and E placed on a table. If A is placed below E, C is placed above D, B is placed below A and D is placed above E, then which of the following books touches the surface of the table ?
10) Three ladies X, Y and Z marry three men A, B and C. X is married to A, Y is not married to an engineer, Z is not married to a doctor, C is not a doctor and A is a lawyer. Then which of the following statements is correct ?
Y is married to C who is an engineer
Z is married to C who is a doctor
X is married to a doctor
None of these