Each question in this quiz is timed.
Click the button below to start the quiz.
1. On June 25, we celebrate the fifth edition of the Day of the Seafarer. This day was instituted by the International Maritime Organization to remember the importance of seafarers for our world. This year’s theme is ________________________ and it aims to address the predicted shortage of seafarers in the future by promoting and highlighting the positive benefits of choosing a career at sea. _
A Career At Sea
Opportunities at Sea
Endless Horizons at Sea
Sea : Explore, Learn and Live.
2. Viswanathan Anand played a draw with Veselin Topalov of Bulgaria to finish _________________in Norway chess tournament.
3. In 1997 the UN General Assembly passed a resolution and declared 26 June as the United Nations International Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
2015 Theme : ______________________________.
Right to be safe and happy.
Right to survive.
Right to Rehabilitation
Right to dignified and safe life
4. The General Assembly, in 1987, decided to observe __________as the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.
5. Satnam Singh Bhamara became the first Indian player to be drafted in the National Basketball Association (NBA).He belongs to ______________.
6. India has been ranked as the best country for attractiveness to foreign investors among 110 countries. The same list ranks China at 65th position and the U.S. at the 50th. The same index, ranked India at the sixth position and while _________________ was number one.
7. The _________________ government will launch “Mhara Gaon-Jagmag Gaon” scheme. The aim of which is to supply uninterrupted power to rural consumers besides strengthening distribution network and realising outstanding payments.
8. The district Magistrate of Nadia, P.B. Salim along with chief of Nadia Zilla Parishad, Banikumar Roy in _____________________ was presented the United Nations Public Services Award 2015 for eliminating open defecation in the district.
9. The former Reserve Bank governor of ________________________Tito Mboweni has been appointed as the non-executive director to the board the Brics New Development Bank (NDB). The New Development Bank is expected to start functioning by the end of the year.
10. A global research organization, World Resources Institute (WRI) has come out with its latest analyses of the country-wise emissions of climate damaging greenhouse gases.Which country tops the list ?