1) You must not work without a Labour card.
2) You must get your Labour card within 90 days of your entry to the UAE.
3) If you do not get PSBD card, report the matter to MOL immediately
4) You must be paid through the wages protection system.
5) If your employer delays to pay your salary for more than two months, you can go to MOL and request to transfer to another company without any need for approval from your present company. You can legally leave
6) Annual leave is calculated at the rate of 2.5 days for every months work.
7) If you are sentenced by a court involving HONOR, honesty, PUBILC Morals, alcohol, drugs in working hours or before starting work your company may terminate you.
8) If you are absent from work for 7 consecutive days or 12 non-consecutive days unless you can provide medical proof.
9) Both employer and employee may terminate an unlimited contract by giving 60 days’ notice and a valid reason before termination
10) Private security is a commercial service providing protection and security to clients.
11) The goal of security is the identification and prevention of problems that may cause harm or loss to your client.
12) The Arabic word for security is “Amin” which means safe or free from danger
13) That information flows one-way from private security to police
14) The staff of the PSBD is a mixture of police officers and civilian support staff.
15) There are 6 specific responsibilities of PSBD.
16) Training and evaluations are carried out by the NSI which is owned by the Ministry of Interior, Abu Dhabi Police.
Inspector inspect guards, work locations and company offices to ensure standards are met.
18) Your personal hygiene is never being questioned.
19) You are required to surrender your license to an inspector or to submit to photographs taken by an inspector.
20) The Notebook has a list of common offences and fines.
21) NSI Training is Instructor led
22) NSI Logo is Security Through Education
23) PSBD License is valid for 2 year security guard must return to NSI every 12 months for Annual Renewal Training.
24) The UAE has 7 Emirates which are Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Umm al Quain, Al-Ain, Dubai, Ajman, Ras al khaimah
25) The main role of private security in the UAE is prevention
26) Immigration law states that you have a proper visa
27) Labour law states that you must have a work visa
28) Companies and guards can be fined if they fail to comply with the private Security Law
29) Basic Security Guard Course and its evaluation process are designed to prepare students for their PSBD exam.
The Students guards are expected to participate by paying attention to the instructor, answering question, completing written exercises and taking part in gym exercises.
31) Attendance must be 100%. Students who are late or miss classes’ will automatically be sent Jail.
32) Any guard caught cheating in examination, either for the benefits of themselves or another will automatically fail.
33) Students must dress professionally at all times.
34) Any student security guard using inappropriate, bad and or disrespectful language or attitude to any member of NSI staff will be dismissed from NSI.
35) No students are allowed to go to the administration building without permission from their Company.
36) The No smoking rules applies anywhere on NSI premises. Student may go to the designated smoking area located offsite.
37) Students are advised when going to prayer and returning from prayer, to do so quietly and to disrupt other classes.
38) If you see a fire or a smoke, you must raise the alarm by shouting FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! And initiate alarm.
39) The notebook is part of a guard’s protection.
40) If an employer wants a guard to work overtime, this can only be done with the guard’s consent. The employer cannot force you to work overtime
41) If you file a complaint against an employer, you must not work for anther employer during that time of the case without approval of the MOI.
42) All questions in relation to your security work, security license, PSBD exams, work accommodations, or abuses by security supervisors or security managers are matter for the Ministry of Interior (MOI) Abu Dhabi Police, PSBD.
43) PSBD is a unit of the Abu Dhabi police.
44) Security Licensing are issued by the PSBD.
45) Security companies are responsible for their employees, to ensure they are properly trained and licensed to carry on security work