Each question in this quiz is timed.
Click the button below to start the quiz.
1. All cells in a multicellular organism arise from a single cell called a .
2. A human zygote divides and differentiates into more than 200 different types of cells.
3. In humans, the first few divisions of a zygote produce .
4. Most stem cells become committed to developing into only one kind of specialized cell through a process called .
5. A committed stem cell acquires all the characteristics and functions of a specialized cell through a process called .
6. Cells that are no longer needed die off in a process of programmed cell death called .