Each question in this quiz is timed.
Click the button below to start the quiz.
1. Which of following is not an Ozone depleting substance?
2. Where does ozone depletion happens most?
Mid way between poles and mid latitude
3. In above paragraph, what is referred to as Ozone hole?
Steady decline of about 4% per decade in the total volume of ozone
Increase in emission of halo carbons
Decrease in stratospheric ozone over Earth's polar regions
Mid latitude thinning of Ozone
None of the above
4. What is the main source of halogen atoms in the stratosphere?
Extreme cold of Antarctic stratosphere
Decrease in stratospheric ozone
Photo-dissociation of halocarbon refrigerants
Photo-synthesis in plants
5. Based on above para, which of the following is true?
CFCs are transported into the stratosphere after being emitted at the surface
Ozone depletion is observed to decrease as emissions of halocarbons increased
Atomic Halogen protects Ozone from Depletion
All of above
None of above
6. As mentioned in above Para, Montreal Protocol aims at -
Defining the most harmful wavelength of UV light
Reducing the plankton populations in the ocean's photic zone
Increasing the amount of UV light that passes though atmosphere
Banning the production of Ozone depleting chemicals.
7. Choose the word which is most nearly the SAME in meaning as the word given below as used in the passage.
8. Choose the word which is most nearly the SAME in meaning as the word given below as used in the passage.
playing a part
9. Choose the word which is most nearly the OPPOSITE in meaning as the word below as used in the passage.
10. Choose the word which is most nearly the OPPOSITE in meaning as the word below as used in the passage.