CC Industrial Revolution

Question 1 of 8

Medal-premium 1

Before the industrial revolution, about 30% of the world’s population was engaged in farming to keep itself and the other 70% of people from starving.

Select one of the following:

  • True
  • False

Question 2 of 8

Medal-premium 1

The invention of the flying shuttle by John Kay in 1733 dramatically increased the ______, which led to inventions like the Spinning Jenny and the water frame. (one answer)

Select one or more of the following:

  • speed of weaving

  • health of workers

  • output of farms

  • livelihood of farmers

Question 3 of 8

Medal-premium 1

Check all that apply as Eurocentric theories for the Industrial Revolution to occur.

Select one or more of the following:

  • Cultural superiority: theory holds that Europeans are just better and smarter than other people.

  • Culture of science and invention in Europe makes creation of revolutionary technologies possible.

  • Freer political institutions in Europe encouraged innovation and incentives for inventors.

  • Europe’s small population required labor-saving inventions.

  • Coal deposits in England created demand for energy

  • High wages in European countries

Question 4 of 8

Medal-premium 1

Its difficult to make a blanket statement that China was economically inferior to Europe because

Select one of the following:

  • they grew tea

  • they supported a large population

  • death defying leaps of faith

  • they had a culture of invention

Question 5 of 8

Medal-premium 1

To quote the historian Robert Allen: “Wages were ___ and energy was ___. These prices led directly to the industrial revolution by giving firms strong incentives to invent technologies that substituted capital and coal for labor.”

Select one of the following:

  • high, cheap

  • low, expensive

  • low, cheap

  • high, expensive

Question 6 of 8

Medal-premium 1

Indian agriculture had a large population of laborers could be supported at a very low cost, meaning that Indian textile manufacturing could be very productive without using machines.

Select one of the following:

  • True
  • False

Question 7 of 8

Medal-premium 1

Check all that apply for items created during the industrial revolution.

Select one or more of the following:

  • electricity

  • out of season fruit

  • life outside of farming

  • cars

  • compulsory education

  • pencils

  • tables

  • shirts

Question 8 of 8

Medal-premium 1

The Industrial Revolution began in in the mid century (1750s)

Drag and drop to complete the text.

    18th
    18th
    17th
    17th
    19th
    19th
    16th
    16th
Icon_fullscreen

CC Industrial Revolution

mfelty
Quiz by , created about 1 year ago

history!

Eye 283
Pin 0
Balloon-left 0
Tags
mfelty
Created by mfelty about 1 year ago
Close