1) In math, we spend about 12% of our time on our warm ups or “starters”. If our class period is 52 minutes long, approximately how many minutes do we spend on our starter each day?
2) In the first quarter, Adrian used only 15% of his bathroom passes. If he had 20 total bathroom passes, how many did he use?
3) If you answer 5 problems incorrectly on this test (keep in mind that number four has 3 problems to it), what percent of the test did you answer correctly? (Round your answer to the nearest percent.)
4) Rodney and Jaylen just finished a meal at Art’s Café. The cost of their meal (before tax) was $31.00.
a. If the tax on their meal is 6%, what is the total amount that they owe to the restaurant (including tax)?
b. Rodney and Jaylen got really good service, so they decide to leave a 20% tip. Using your total from 4a, how much money will they leave for a tip?
c. If they want to split their total bill between the two of them, including tax and tip, how much money would they each have to pay?
5) Jesse just bought a new video game. He can’t remember the original cost of the video game, but he remembers that the tax on the video game was $3.24. If the tax rate was 4%, how much did the video game cost before tax?
6) 40 is 8% of what number?
8) In a recent basketball game, Dwight Howard made 40% of his free throws. He made 22 free throws. How many free throws did he take?
9) What is 18% of 90?
10) Mr. Johnson needs to get his car washed. At Auto Bell, the standard car wash is $9.50. At Wiki Wash, the cost of a standard car wash is $12.50. Mr. Johnson has a coupon for 30% off at Wiki Wash. If he wants to get the cheapest car wash possible, where should he go? You must explain your answer to get credit for this problem.
11) The first verse of a popular song on the radio starts exactly 33 seconds into the song. The total length of the song is 2 minutes and 45 seconds long. What percent into the song does the first verse start? Write your answer as a fraction, percent, and decimal.
7) When a Black Bear hibernates, it loses about 30% of its overall body weight. If a Black Bear weighs 4400 pounds before it starts to hibernate, what would it weigh after it hibernates?