1. Taking a football favourite at -3 with even (+100) odds is a better bet than taking them at -2.5 with -115 odds.
2. Professional bettors are typically satisfied with winning 55% of their point spread bets.
3. If you use an online sportsbook to bet a football team on the moneyline, the team must win the game by more than three or the game will be graded as a tie.
Most professional bettors vary the size of their wagers according to how strongly they feel about the game.
5. Second-half bets in basketball and football include overtime.
6. It is typically better to place bets on favourites as soon as the odds are released, and to place bets on underdogs right before the game starts.
7. If you began the basketball season with $10,000 and ended the season with $12,000, your ROI (return on investment) would be 20%.
8. Teams' recent play and injuries are the biggest factors to consider when betting on baseball.
9. Buying points is a good way to tilt the point spread odds in your favour.
10. It is a good idea to have accounts at five or more sportsbooks.