If you don't believe me, I promise you these documents will ... me ... .
bear - out
spy - on
hush - up
give - away
Do you have anyone to ... in?
He said the smoke came from incense sticks but then we ... him ... .
bore - out
levelled - with
covered - up
caught - out
GOVERNMENT SECRET LEAKS OUT
A really important government secret has recently been [blank_start]dug[blank_end] up about the relationship between Mr Barnes, the Minister for Education and his secretary Miss Bartlett. One government employee Mr Barnes confided [blank_start]in[blank_end] had enough of covering [blank_start]up[blank_end] the minister's secret affairs and [blank_start]levelled[blank_end] with the public. Barnes is thought to have [blank_start]papered[blank_end] over such allegations, being a father of three and a married man. "I have no idea who [blank_start]gave[blank_end] me away", admitted the minister last Wednesday morning, "but I'll have him [blank_start]spied[blank_end] on and soon I'll know." The public have apparently been [blank_start]hushed[blank_end] up for years, since the couple is said to have started their relationship in early 2011. As they failed to [blank_start]cover[blank_end] up such government issues, other ministers and secretaries are thinking of a way to making people not give [blank_start]away[blank_end] confidential information by forcing them to sign a contract.
In order to get classified information, the FBI assigned two agents to play ... and get inside the system of the National Space Centre.
Sally was foolish enough to ... the secret about her new relationship ... . Now she's the talk of the town.
let - away
give - out
let - out
give - over
Complete the following sentences with a preposition.
1. You shouldn't trust Terry, he will give all your secrets [blank_start]away[blank_end].
2. We're still trying to catch George [blank_start]out[blank_end] to see if he still has a girlfriend.
3. I'm sorry but I can't confide [blank_start]in[blank_end] your parents, they seem to be quite unreliable about secrets.
4. Why do you think my neighbours are spying [blank_start]on[blank_end] us at the weekend? It looks as if they didn't like us.
5. I tried to cover [blank_start]up[blank_end] all the remnants of the broken Chinese vase, but my mum noticed its absence right after she got home.
6. The government revealed it had papered [blank_start]over[blank_end] a terrorist attack 15 years ago with 5 people dead.
7. Prime Minister Atkins decided to level [blank_start]with[blank_end] public over the financial situation of the country.
8. The school board has recently been accused of having hushed [blank_start]up[blank_end] the recent death of a student.
9. I couldn't play [blank_start]along[blank_end] any more so I quit and found a job in the police department.
10. Nothing worth mentioning has been dug [blank_start]up[blank_end] about the former Prime Minister's illegal deals.
11. After several pieces of evidence, the politician still made [blank_start]out[blank_end] his legally-bought Italian villa.
12. The marks on the wall bore [blank_start]out[blank_end] the true identity of Mrs Richards' murderer.
1. Venezuelan Prime Minister accused of [blank_start]spying[blank_end] on his neighbouring country leaders.
2. The plan failed mostly because there wasn't enough time to [blank_start]cover up[blank_end] the trail.
3. I believed them when they were [blank_start]making out[blank_end] that they're related.
4. After all that happened to her, Yumi is not sure who she can [blank_start]confide in[blank_end] in her family.
5. The government could no longer [blank_start]hush up[blank_end] the secret talks about nuclear activity.
6. It took 60 years for the communist government to [blank_start]level with[blank_end] the public about the labour camps.
7. We knew all along that Richard was lying to us, but we couldn't [blank_start]catch[blank_end] him out with any evidence.
8. The detective [blank_start]dug up[blank_end] enough information about Ellie's death so that we can blackmail her widower.
9. How do you know I'll be dressing up as Mickey Mouse? Who [blank_start]gave[blank_end] me away?
10. Peter wasn't careful enough and [blank_start]let[blank_end] Jake's secret out quite unexpectedly.