1.1 We used our phones for many different purposes in the construction of our
video. One way was for lighting, we used the torches on our phone to provide
the correct lighting and ensure everything was visible. Secondly we used them
to play the song when filming any lip sync shots to ensure it was in time with
the music. We also used our phones to film some of the footage such as the
shot of our artist dancing underneath the rainbow which was shot more
2.1 We used YouTube as the main technology to publish our
music video. We thought that because of it's large amount
of users it would be the most appropriate and is often
used by artists to publish their videos on Vevo accounts.
3 Adobe Premiere Pro
3.1 This is the software that we used during the editing process of our music video. We also
used it in the construction of our preliminary task so were fairly familiar with this
technology. The software comes with many preset transitions and effects which we were
able to use during construction to create an effective and interesting video.
4 USB Stick
4.1 We used a USB stick during technological troubles when the computer we had began
editing on would not allow us to import any new videos. We had to use a memory stick
to transfer any videos so that we were able to continue with the construction and
5.1 Fireworks was mainly used for the construction of our digipak although we did also use it for the first few drafts of
our advert. My group and I were unfamiliar with the software until came to the actual construction and so it took us
a while to familiarise with the software and use it to the best of our abilities. I also briefly used fireworks in the
construction of our merchandise.
6.1 We used the microphone more as a prop than technologically. In the shots
of our artist in the recording studio we wanted it to be as realistic as
possible so showed her singing into a microphone.
7.1 We used headphones while filming the recording studio
shots however we did not have these plugged in as they
were just a prop for effect. We then used headphones
when editing so that we could listen to the song and align
the lip sync without interrupting anyone else who might be
working in the surrounding area.
8.1 We used Fotor when editing our advert, tour poster and merchandise. It is an online
editing service that we used mainly to add text to images which we edited using
fireworks and photoshop. The fonts Cinzel-Decorative Bold that we used for our artist
name and Hind Medium for the album title were both taken from this website.
9.1 We used Photoshop during the construction of our digipak and advert. We used it mainly to
remove any imperfections on our artist and smoothen and shape her legs. I also used photoshop
to change the background colour on our advert to black and white which was also used in our
digipak and to remove any unnecessary props such as the Winnie the Pooh Pillow.
10.1 We used vimeo to publish the first draft of our music video as we were having technical
problems when trying to upload it to youtube. When it came to our next drafts however
we had corrected these problems and were able to upload them to youtube.
11 Sony HD Camera
11.1 The high majority of our music video was recorded on a Sony HD Camera using an SD card. This
was the best camera that we had access to and worked with any extra equipment we had such as
tripods. We used these cameras for our music video as well as the construction of our preliminary
task which helped us to get used to them and in any other video work for my blog. I found that
these cameras were of a quite good quality to show our video clearly and were simple to use.
12 Canon Mark 2
12.1 We used this camera for the photographs used for our digipak and advert. This is a high
quality camera that we used to obtain high quality professional shots of our artist. I think
with the help of this camera and lighting techniques we were able to take very clear photos.
13.1 PicsArt is an iPhone app that we used to edit the photos for our digipak and advert.
The main effect that we used from this app was the Holga filter which provided the 3D
effect on our digipak and tour poster. We also used this app to remove any
imperfections such as bruises on our artists legs along with photoshop.