1. While describing the context of Enron, illustrate
why was Enron an admired company prior to
Leader in energy trading
1993, largest seller of natural gas in North America
1999, launch of Enron online
2. What led to the rise and fall of Enron? Your discussion
should revolve around the role of accounting
professionals only (direct or indirect)
3. Why were Enron’s internal and external checks and balances
system fail to prevent its demise? Your discussion should
revolve around the role of auditors and the accounting
4. Would continuous auditing have prevented the Enron?
5. Why did the Board of Directors fail to prevent Enron’s
demise? And, what role the Board should have played in
setting Enron’s accounting policies to prevent its
6. Describe in general terms the breaches of accounting and ethical
conduct that occurred within Enron. Use the resources provided
identify accounting and ethical codes of conduct that would apply
to the accounting profession.
7. Using the information provided in the case readings,
describe the FOUR lessons you have learned as an
accounting professional from Enron case.
8. Using the lessons learned from the Enron case;
describe the effects of unethical business
practices on society & community.