- P/L attributable to ordinary owners of parent. - Adj. After-tax effects of items relating to pref. shares classified as equity: 1. Non-cumulative div = if declared; 2. Cumulative div = irrespective of declaration; 3. Diff on settlement of pref. shares.
Issue = MV/FV
1. Weight current period; 2. Do not restate comparatives
Mandatory convertible instruments: - incl. from date contract entered into.
Issue for no value
1. Do not weight current period; 2. Restate comparatives.
At fair value - weight current period; - do not restate
At less than FV - Split no. of shares into for value & bonus portions; - FOR VALUE portion : do as FV normal; - BONUS portion : Do not weight current yr; restate proportionately
1. Weight for value in current period; 2. Restate comparatives proportionately for bonus portion.
- ID potential shares; - ID if dilutive ( Determine sequence; Test against control)
Adj. basic earnings; after-tax income/expense items which no longer occur due to dilutive
1. Start with basic WANOS; 2. Adj. for all dilutive shares;
Contracts settled either in ordinary shares or cash
Option of isuer
assumed to settle in ordinary shares
Option of holder
Determine the more dilutive option
Sequence of dilution - frm most dilutive to least dilutive (each issue considered seperate of others