The action of speaking or acting on behalf of someone.
act of collecting information from people
Being able to speak for your own views that are passion to you as an individual
2. What services are offered by Brookes Union to students
Clubs and sports
Computer and IT services, choosing a course to study
Societies, Safety bus service, Advice service, Events and a system of student reps
3. What year was Brookes Union Established
4. Which of the following best describes Feedback
Discovering information that will help to criticise someone or something
Information about reactions to a product. A persons performance of a task, etc. which is used as a basis of improvement
Process of acquiring information
5. Feedback is important in representation because it provides an opportunity for course reps to provide issues or positive outcomes from formal meetings or informal chats that they might have with colleagues within their cohort
6. Which of the following is a true statement?
Communication and use of social media are essential when carrying out the role of a student representative
Course reps are not expected to use Facebook and Instagram in carrying out their roles as reps
Social Media is the only way course reps can promote themselves to other students
All the Above
7. What is the main danger of not giving feedback in representation?
Representatives will not be able to get paid appropriately
Reps will lose their position within the representation system
Issues raised by students will not be able to get solved
8. Which one of the following is not considered as good practice for meeting etiquette
Being confident and speaking up in meetings
Not sending apologies when you are not able to attend meetings
Not interrupting someone when they are speaking
9. Which one on this list are required to attend Reps Forums organised by Brookes Union
Student and Department reps
All the Above
10. Course reps role involves
Attending senior management meetings to lobby for polices that appeal to students in higher education.
Organising strikes in favour of getting students views across
Engaging with the student body to gain understanding of what students are currently facing and in so doing obtaining and promoting the student voice
Attending all functions organised by university.
11. Which one of the following characteristics would best describe a good rep
Good knowledge of technology
Always promotes themselves to other students
only looks out for issues that affect them as an individual
All the above
12. Which of the following is not a benefit of being a Rep