Sign Up for Free
terms and conditions
for more information.
Copy and Edit
You need to log in to complete this action!
Register for Free
Sign in here
Leaving Certificate English Mind Map on 'Macbeth' Themes, created by yermakalesia on 05/23/2013.
No tags specified
Mind Map by
, updated more than 1 year ago
over 10 years ago
Appearance vs Reality
* Shakespeare aligns equivocation with evil in an attempt to please King James I.
* The witches use equivocal language to encourage Macbeth to kill Duncan.
* The equivocal apparitions bolster Macbeth's confidence and tempt him towards greater evil.
Hallucinations and Dreams
* Macbeth's hallucinations reveal his fraying mental state.
* Shakespeare uses the motif of hallucinations to reveal Macbeth's guilt.
* Lady Macbeth's guilt is revealed through sleepwalking.
* Ironically, Duncan sees how deceptive individuals can falsely win his trust.
* Lady Macbeth uses deception as a strategy within the play.
* Macbeth also uses deception as a key tactic.
Show full summary
Hide full summary
Want to create your own
Macbeth Quotes To Learn
How does Shakespeare present villainy in Macbeth?
English Literary Terminology
English Speech Analysis Terminology
To Kill A Mockingbird GCSE English
English Grammatical Terminology
English Language Techniques
Using GoConqr to teach English literature
Using GoConqr to study English literature
New English Literature GCSE
A Level: English language and literature techniques = Structure