A quiz to accompany the Wild West Spelling Rules animated video lesson testing learners understanding of the 5 key rules covered in that lesson. PLEASE NOTE: The lesson and this quiz do not cover ALL of the spelling rules for English, just 5 of the most important ones people need to understand to avoid the most common spelling errors.
Each of these spellings contain a word related to the rule ' 'i' before 'e' except after 'c' '. Choose the correct spelling of each of those words from the drop-down menus.
1) I have [blank_start]received[blank_end] your application
2) To [blank_start]achieve[blank_end] a good score you need to spell accurately.
3) Learn the spelling rules to become [blank_start]proficient[blank_end] at spelling.
4) We must [blank_start]weigh[blank_end] up the pros and cons.
5) I do [blank_start]believe[blank_end] you have understood this rule!
In this passage all of the words which have vowel consonants added have been removed. Drag and drop the correctly spelt word into each blank space.
When [blank_start]writing[blank_end] creative pieces try to use your [blank_start]imagination[blank_end] as much as you can. Be [blank_start]sensible[blank_end] with your vocabulary choices and [blank_start]courageous[blank_end] in your sentence structures. It is to be [blank_start]hoped[blank_end] that your efforts will be [blank_start]noticeable[blank_end] to the reader.