Kidney and Body Fluids 2

Daniel Elandix G
Mind Map by Daniel Elandix G, updated more than 1 year ago
Daniel Elandix G
Created by Daniel Elandix G over 6 years ago
47
0

Description

Physiology 1B (Kidney and Body Fluids) Mind Map on Kidney and Body Fluids 2, created by Daniel Elandix G on 10/31/2013.

Resource summary

Kidney and Body Fluids 2
1 Anatomy
1.1 Blood Supply

Annotations:

  • Supplied by the renal arteries and goes into the inter lobar to arcuate artery and vein to undergo filtration. It exits thru renal vein, while the filtrate exits thru the ureter.
1.1.1 Glomerulus View
1.2 Anatomy of Tubules

Annotations:

  • Consists of 2 types of nephrons: Cortical 75% and juxtamedullary which is the other 25%.
2 Formation of Urine

Annotations:

  • Comes in 3 basic steps 1. Filtration 2. Add, the efferent tubules actively secrete stuff across the cellular membrane 3. Reabsorption by the efferent tubules.
2.1 Types of Flitrations

Annotations:

  • A. Filtered but nor reabsorbed/secreted B. Some of them is reabsorbed C. All of them are reabsorbed. D. All of them are filtered and secreted out.
3 Renal Blood Flow

Annotations:

  • Blood flow is 1200ml/min in males 20-25% of resting cardiac output. Renal Plasma Flow = Renal blood flow (100 - Haemotocrit)/100
3.1 Pressure in vessels

Annotations:

  • Experiment done with rats, but the study is similar to humans Cjanges in afferent or efferent arteriolar tone causes changes in renal blood flow. Q = P/R Hence if perfusion pressure is constant. Constriction in arterioles will lead to fall in RBF Dilation of arterioles will lead to rise in RBF
3.2 Autoregulation

Annotations:

  • Changes with pressure to keep blood/fluid pressure constant. it changes tone of arterioles.
3.3 Factors influencing RBF

Annotations:

  • override autoregulation Includes: Angiotensin II Vascular-arteriolar vasoconstriction. Renal vasoconstriciton. proximal sodium reabsoprtion. constraction of mesangial cells. Adrenal-aldosterone release. Neural, facilitate sympathetic activity, inhibits vagus, increase ADH and ACTH dipsinogen. CathecholaminesAntidiuretic Hormones (ADH)
4 Glomerular filtration

Annotations:

  • rate of formation is Glomerular filtration rate, which normal values are 125ml/min for males or 180L/day.
4.1 Filtration Barrier
4.2 Typical Pressures

Annotations:

  • Efferent end : I.e has higher pressures as water is filtered out and left with the proteins.
4.3 How to change GFR

Annotations:

  • Change in renal blood flow. Change in PGc. Change in Pt: like kidney stone. Change in plasma protein concentration
5 Filtration Fraction

Annotations:

  • FIltration fraction = GFR/RPF (renal plasma flow)
Show full summary Hide full summary

Similar

Kidney and Body Fluids 5
Daniel Elandix G
Kidney and Body Fluids 1
Daniel Elandix G
Kidney and Body Fluids 3
Daniel Elandix G
Kidney and Body Fluids 4
Daniel Elandix G
Hypothalamus and Pituitary
Daniel Elandix G
Respiratory System 1
Daniel Elandix G
Pancreas and Secondary Glands
Daniel Elandix G
GI Tract Overview
Daniel Elandix G
Female Reproductive System Flash Cards
Daniel Elandix G
Hormones of Pregnancy
Daniel Elandix G
Respiratory 2
Daniel Elandix G