There are countless education blogs worldwide focusing on elearning concepts, ed tech tools and digital learning practices. Within this thriving community, there is a core group of innovators who are driving the education trends teachers are trying in their classrooms today.
We highlight some of the top education bloggers who have worked hard throughout the year to give you feedback on new technology, share their recommendations and bring you the most valuable content for teachers at your fingertips. If you’re interested in the education world, we recommend this list of the best education blogs to follow in 2015, you won’t be disappointed!
The Best Education Blogs to Watch in 2015
- Cool Cat Teacher: Vicki Davis is one of the most recognised names in education blogging as she has been in demand from the likes of Forbes, The Washington post, Mashable plus she runs her own radio show on BAM! Radio. Even though she’s busy with all of this plus teaching fulltime, she still finds time to answer comments on her blogs – we salute you Vicki!
- Emerging Ed Tech: Kelly Walsh uses his blog to amplify the idea that teachers should embrace technology in their classrooms. Take a look at his site to discover how “not to teach like a dinosaur” by introducing digital resources into your teaching. Also, we were excited to publish an article featuring ExamTime on his popular blog recently.
- EDUKWEST: This may be a surprising entry as it differs from others mentioned because it isn’t a teacher writing about their experience or discoveries. However, we have come across some great insights and articles on the site such as the recent Remind IPO news. They also have a sister site which features education start-ups (such as ExamTime).
- Educational Technology and Mobile Learning: Med Kharbach’s site is a goldmine of useful elearning content with new resources, useful rubrics and informative videos. The blog is a hive of activity with several new posts published daily. We’re big fans and regularly share posts from the blog with teachers across our social media.
- Free Technology for Teachers: As one of the longest running education technology blogs, Richard Byrne has accumulated a hugely impressive library of articles. Visit the site to see the latest resources shared by the award-winning blogger. We’re also very proud that he has featured ExamTime numerous times with his audience of engaged teachers.
- Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day: Larry Ferlazzo is not only decorated with awards but writes for the New York Times, Edutopia and also hosts his own radio show on BAM! Radio. Keep up with his blog to get resources on a range of topics from fun infographics, learning English to education policy.
- Teach Thought: Education dreamer Terry Heick supports teachers worldwide by publishing articles with educational ideas to introduce 21st century tools to students. The site hosts some powerful content and uses visuals in a great way to convey information.
- Rafranz Davis: Last year Rafranz was featured on our site as an up and coming education blog but the self-titled “Digital Diva” has moved up in the ranks for 2015. The first thing you will spot on her blog is the technology and visuals she integrates into her blog to engage the reader in her stories. She shares some personal insight into her education career and keeps you up-to-date with the latest trends.
- eLearning Industry: Christopher Pappas and the team at eLearning Industry create a vast amount of shareable content while also providing a resource where you can share your articles with their sister site eLearning Tags. Whether you’re a teacher implementing elearning practices or an instructional designer, the tips on the site will help you.
- The Innovative Educator: Lisa Nielson is on a mission to transform education into an exciting and fun process for all students. Along with blogging about teaching ideas, Lisa also shares tips on how to improve your own teacher blog. She also provided some insight on engaging students in a meaningful activity to learn rather than note-taking for our guide.
- ELearning Brothers Blog: Here at ExamTime, we’ve recently started following the ‘Bros.’ blog after we noticed their articles getting a lot of shares across social media. Aside from sharing free elearning resources from Adobe and other providers, the team also give some actionable tips plus discusses key elearning trends.
- Kathy Schrock: Kathy’s ‘Guide to Everything’ provides a goldmine of advice and recommended tools. Whether you’re interested in using iPads in the classroom or how to create a mini infographic, this site should be made into a handy pocketbook for e-teachers.
Bonus Education Blogs to Watch
There are a couple of up-and-coming education blogs that we also wanted to mention as they are definitely worth your attention:
- Ed Tech Round Up: If you’re looking for a valuable summary of what’s hot in ed tech, this is the place to go. Along with working towards his PHD, Mike Karlin updates his readers with his weekly round up – he even reviewed the ExamTime platform!
- House of #EdTech: If you’re involved in the world of online learning, you will most likely have spotted the name Christopher Nesi on your travels. Check out his blog and listen to his podcast which explores how technology is changing the way teachers teach.
Remember that the ExamTime blog offers some of the best educational content and the latest news from our e-learning platform. Sign up to our RSS feed to make sure you don’t miss it!
Which education blog will you be adding to your RSS feed this year?