Canadian public High School students consistently rank near the top in the world on standardized tests. The purpose of EQAO is to ensure this continues.
EQAO makes sure that every school is providing quality education to its students and looks for areas that need improvement. EQAO test students in Grades 3, 6, 9 and 10 on their reading, writing and math skills. The Grade 9 test only looks at math skills and in Grade 10 students have to take the Literacy Test, and pass, in order to graduate High School.
We know that EQAO tests over the years can be stressful for both students and parents and that’s why we’re here to help. The team here at ExamTime wants to make sure that every student gets the most out of their education by offering our online learning platform. We give students the tools and resources to study the right way, and all for free!
Check out this great Quiz a user made to practice for their Grade 9 EQAO Math test…
Prepare for EQAO Tests with ExamTime:
Use Mind Maps to…
- Learn how to brainstorm ideas for difficult open-ended questions
- Make connections from what you’ve studied to what is being asked in a question
- Visualize different concepts learned
Use Flashcards to…
- Memorize information and course content quickly and effectively
- Be able to answer questions quickly, without feeling the time crunch
- Learn how to predict the right answer by making inferences
Use Quizzes to…
- Practice, practice, practice! Doing sample questions is the best way to study for EQAO
- Challenge your friends to quizzes to make studying more fun
- Figure out the strategies that work best for you on multiple choice questions
Use Notes to…
- Be able to support your answers with reasoning and facts
- Stay organized so you can more efficiently study
- Access your study tools anywhere, even on the go!
EQAO offers both academic and applied tests, depending on the student level of math. The test includes multiple choice, short-answer, and some longer written questions. The test is evaluated on a four-level scale that is consistent with the Ontario curriculum. Level 1 (50-59%), Level 2 (60-69%), Level 3 (70-79%) and Level 4 (80-100%). Sign up for free today to get that Level 4, feel good about doing it and make studying fun again with ExamTime!
Here at ExamTime we’re pretty proud of our product but don’t just take our word for it – check out some of the features we’ve received in the Huffington Post, euronews, Hub Pages, Life Hacker and The Guardian.