A huge amount has happened since the introduction of our online learning platform. Big changes such as a new name – GoConqr – but are also more subtle changes around how it’s used have been made.
More specifically we’ve seen the amounts of shares, friends and groups increase significantly over the past few months, emphasising the power of our learning community. There has also been a steady stream of new features added. So it made sense to look again at how we could create the best experience for members to:
- keep up-to-date with everything happening in their learning community
- access all GoConqr tools and features quickly
Presenting the new GoConqr Dashboard
The dashboard is now the homepage in GoConqr so when you login to the platform you will be greeted by it straight away.
As you can see in the image above, from this screen you will be able to access everything you need to start learning, including:
- Direct access to the learning tools within GoConqr through the top menu
- An activity feed with all the relevant events happening in your GoConqr. This feed can be filtered at any time according to your personal preferences
- An overview of your Study Planner and the events coming up in the next few days
- Recently viewed resources and Announcements from GoConqr
An Overview of the New Dashboard
Let’s explore some of the features in a little more detail.
In this area, we have maintained the main elements of GoConqr such as the ‘Create’ button and the search bar. The icons to access your subjects, groups, private messages, last viewed resources, notifications and profile are also still available through the header.
Clicking on your username, you will see a dropdown menu that will allow you to go to other areas such as profile, friends, calendar, archive, account and log out.
Main Activity Feed
In this section, you will be able to see the latest activities within your GoConqr community. Find out what is happening with your Resources, your Friends and your Groups. You will also see that the latest GoConqr announcements will appear here too.
Here you can control the kind of content you wish to see in your activity feed. Among the options available, you’ll find: all activity, your activity, your friends activity or GoConqr announcements.
Also, you can choose to view ‘Subjects’ or ‘Groups’. This way, you will be shown an overall view of those sections instead of the activity feed. Finally, in the top part of this section, you will see your username, avatar and a link to your full profile.
The right section has been divided into several areas. At the top, you will be able to access all your private messages. Right underneath, we have introduced an easy and fast way to add friends in a single step. You can invite other GoConqr users with either their username or their email address. If your friends are not already using GoConqr, you can send them an invite by adding their email address here.
The main feature in this side section is your Calendar. This will show you the current month along with your upcoming events so you keep on top of everything. You can easily keep track of your assignments and tests that will be coming up over the next month. In the bottom part of this section, you will see a list of your recently viewed resources so you can refer back to them easily.
The GoConqr Library
To give you more control of your resources, from now on our study resources will be divided in three categories:
- Private Resources (Premium): If a resource is set to private, it will only be visible only for the author and any users it has been shared with
- GoConqr Resources: These are resources which will be available for all users logged into GoConqr. All created resources will be GoConqr resources by default
- Public Resources: Everyone can see a public resource whether they are a member of GoConqr or not. These resources can be shared externally on blogs and websites and require a description and at least 3 tags
Together with the launch of the activity feed, we have added the option to ‘Like’ resources so you can interact further with all your friends on GoConqr. At the end of the day, having support of your friends and family is one of the most important elements to get motivated and advance in your learning so don’t forget to show your love!
This is a big change in how you interact with GoConqr, so we would love to hear what you think about it. Why don’t you share your thoughts with us through Twitter or Facebook?