Resources for group learning (I)
To experience a complete and enriching cooperative learning experience you need to have the best online tools, so that you can actively contr
To experience a complete and enriching cooperative learning experience you need to have the best online tools, so that you can actively contribute in the exchange of knowledge and make valuable contributions to the group. For this reason, we show the most useful resources for when you study cooperatively:
• Mind maps: it is useful to make use of mind maps, a tool that allows the different concepts of study to be structured in a clear and attractive way, so that it is easier to combine the notes that each member of the group has and create a clear overview for the whole group
• Slides: if you want to have a cooperative learning session that is both educational and entertaining, you can use the online Slides tool. In a matter of minutes you can organize a presentation of the topics of study for the whole group, so that each one can make their contributions and can solve any doubts between all of you.Try these resources here
Resources for group learning (II)
•Quizzes: GoConqr Quizzes means you can create online tests that allow you to organize competitions between your friends to see who has more knowledge of a specific subject. This can generate a healthy form of competitiveness that helps to set yourselves challenges and monitor your progress during the cooperative learning sessions.
• Flashcards: there are likely to be some concepts that you and your friends will find more complicated. In these cases, you can use the online flashcards that, thanks to its elegant combination of textual and visual elements, make it easier for your brain to retain ideas and memorize.
You can share all of these resources in a private study group with your friends and use the discussion feature to co-ordinate your learning activities.
Be part of the GoConqr Community
If you can’t concentrate with your friends and are looking for responsible people to practice collaborative learning, we invite you to access the hundreds of study groups that are created in the GoConqr Community. Currently we have more than 3 million members on the platform and we continue to grow day by day. In fact, between April and October 2016, the percentage of users enrolled in the GoConqr groups increased by 38%, so you can find people from all over the world with similar concerns to yours. It is a good opportunity to try to connect with others and get into the exciting world of cooperative learning.Join our study groups!
Tips for Cooperative Learning
The dynamics of each study group may vary according to the personalities and customs of its members. However, there are a number of guidelines that should be followed to avoid problems and be able to learn together in ways that benefit each member.
• Mutual respect: it is critical that you respect each other’s points of view and do not challenge anyone for having different study strategies than yours. It is enriching to give your opinion and make suggestions, but always in a polite, friendly and tactful way.
• Ask questions… but also contribute!: one of the most beneficial aspects of cooperative learning is that you can consult all the questions you have and solve your doubts at the moment. However, communication and input must be two-way; you must also be willing to try to solve the problems of others and perform valuable interventions during the learning process.
• Do not comment on things outside the topic: if a study group is made for a particular exam or subject that is what you should focus on in the group, you should study for the exam. Discussing non-study subjects can lead to distractions in cooperative learning and the loss of concentration of the group members. However if you become friends with people on GoConqr you can send them private messages to discuss topics that are not study related.