Here at GoConqr we understand how expensive it is to be a student and how quickly all the costs add up. Have you always dreamed of going to a top tier medical school and becoming a doctor, but just don’t know how you’re going to pay for it all? That’s why we created this MCAT Self Studying page, to offer you a solution that’s totally free and highly effective.
It’s simple, we’ll show you how do MCAT Self Studying. Instead of spending thousands of dollars on MCAT prep courses, you develop your own, personalized strategy and schedule for studying. It’s not only the costs that make MCAT study courses unappealing, there are a number of factors like inconvenience, pace and motivation. GoConqr wants to help you figure out the strategy that works best for you so you can afford to feel good about writing the MCAT.
Why You Should Learn How to do MCAT Self Studying…
1. IT’S A LOT LESS EXPENSIVE. On top of the $270 registration fee you can expect to pay an upwards of $1500 on different review courses, manuals etc. which makes it totally unrealistic for most students to be able to afford that. Luckily we’ll show you that on a minimal budget you can Self Study using our GoConqr tools and resources that are totally free, so they will fit nicely into your budget.
2. IT GIVES YOU TOTAL FLEXIBILITY. When you choose to Self Study it gives you the flexibility to study whenever or wherever so you can set a schedule that suits your study preferences (like in your pajamas).
3. YOU CONTROL THE CURRICULUM. Self Study to have the freedom to set a study plan that suits your own pace and strengths and weaknesses, so you can concentrate on where you need to improve, and not have to worry about the rest of the group. Make some great study tools with our Mind Maps, Notes, Quizzes, Flashcards and more – all for free on GoConqr.
4. ACCOUNTABILITY IS A GREAT MOTIVATOR. When you self study it means there’s no one else to blame and no excuses to make, you’re totally accountable for your own learning. This sense of ownership can really help intrinsically motivate you and will help increase your work ethic so you can get results you can be proud of.
The team at GoConqr wanted to offer another strategy for successful studying for the MCAT, without the price tag. We know it can seem overwhelming at first, planning how you’re going to study for such a big test by yourself, so we’ve created a straightforward study guide with 6 easy steps to follow. In the end it’ll be up to you but we’re here to help you along the way.
How to do MCAT Self Studying in 5 Easy Steps:
Step 1: Find Your Strengths & Weaknesses
- Know your preferred study habits for the postgraduate exams
- Understand your learning style
- Figure out your starting point and how much content/ground you’ll still need to cover
- Get in the totally disciplined mindset, recognize that studying is the hardest part of the MCAT
Step 2: Free Online Resources Are Your Friend
- Don’t use your undergrad textbooks and notes to study
- Use online study tools like GoConqr to help you get organized
- Find and use resources that are specific to the five MCAT topics
- For books check for used ones online, at the library or ask friends to borrow their old study material
- Utilize the tons of free practice tests that are online
Step 3: Stick to a Schedule
- Whether it’s 6 hours a day/6 days a week or 10 hours a day/4 days a week, figure out what works for you and commit to it
- Keep track of your study time, only the time that’s actually productive and set specific break times
- Work on your weaknesses first
- Split your time between reviewing and doing practice tests
Step 4: Track Your Progress
- Keep score of how well you do on practice tests
- Notice types of questions you’re consistently getting wrong and figure out why
- Simulate a test day with timed conditions, totally undisturbed
- Answer all the questions
Step 5: Do It!
- Get support from friends and family
- Get totally ready the night before so you can just relax right before
- Remember why you’re writing the MCAT
- Know that it’s not impossible to succeed and feel proud of how much work you’ve put in to prepare
Check out some of our other GoConqr MCAT Self Studying Landings.
Click below and take an MCAT Chemistry practice test, which contains some of the questions you can anticipate seeing on the actual test.