127 product releases, 4 language versions, 938,195 study resources and 1 owl later, we are officially launching our complete ExamTime version! We first introduced ourselves in late September 2012, with our first beta version. Back then, we had light versions of a mind map tool, a flashcard maker and a quiz creator.
Big thanks to all our users who have helped shape ExamTime over the past 22 months (it would take too long to name you all!). Your feedback, comments, survey results and more gave us direction and insight. It started with some pioneering young souls, eager to see how online learning could help them succeed. Since then, that band of pioneers has been joined by a flourishing online community. We’ve listened to what you’ve had to say, and we built up ExamTime based on this feedback. Now it’s time to launch ExamTime into the big bad world, let it fly…
So before we move forward toward 1 million users and beyond, how about a quick re-cap of all the major features that have been added in beta phase – and there’s been plenty.
Here’s how ExamTime has evolved…
Evolution of ExamTime from Day 1
We’re a go-go! ExamTime launches with our initial beta version. 19 shrewd trail blazers signed up on our 1st day to transform their learning!
Be more sociable! Invite a Study Buddy via e-mail is introduced.
A biggie! Our Notes feature completed our comprehensive suite of learning tools. 222 notes were created on the 1st day.
No Easter break for us! We introduce a whole range of great new updates to enhance our tools and enable better collaboration:
- Promote your genius to your friends – Share resources with your Friends
- Promote your genius to the world – Embed resources into external websites
- A picture tells a thousand words… Images are added to Flashcards
The improvements to the tools kept coming.
- Start tracking your progress – Flashcards score-tracking is introduced.
- Flip me! Flipping all Flashcards at once
- Delve a little deeper – Snippets added to Mind Maps
- Re-attaching a Mind Map Node
- Profile improvements – Tell us about yourself!
June saw another big feature, Groups, as well as more improvements.
- Grow your Tribe – Groups
- “I like it” – Keep track of useful study resources with favourites
- Print your Resources
- Improved Dashboard and Navigation
Our new calendar tool arrives to help you create your personal Study Plan in minutes.
- Keep it between ourselves – Private Messaging
- Bring ideas to life using Play Mode for Mind Maps
Instantly Turn Your Mind Maps into Notes
Quiz Improvements – Multiple Choice, Add images, Quiz timer, Question weighting & Random Order Questioning.
Social Learning Improvements – Alerts.
- Tracking Progress on Resources using our assessment tools
- Tagging Resources for better Resource Discovery
More blockbusters! By now, ExamTime is firmly positioning itself as the best resource for viewing learning content there is!
- Enhanced Play Mode
- Performance Analysis over Time
- Pin Others Resources
Google account sign-up and sign-in was added this month.
And now finally, our latest additions for launch time..
- “I want more” – Premium Features for those over-achievers out there
- Your 5 Star Resources – Ratings on Resources
- Subject Enhancements – Analytics, Tracking and Management
Wow! Take a bow, ExamTime dev team. Here’s quick summary of all our releases to date in Mind Map form.
It’s been a fun journey so far, but for us the Official Launch is only the end of the beginning. We’re hoping that you get more and more value from ExamTime as continue to further develop it. Thanks for your support so far and stay involved!